Eye Clinic of Wisconsin's New Surgery Center to Open in January 2013
Wausau Daily Herald report.
The clinic serves more than 70,000 patients at its current First Street location and has satellite offices in Merrill, Rhinelander, Antigo, Medford and Stevens Point. The clinic built a new 55,000-square-foot, three-story facility in 2008, after adding no new buildings for 50 years.
The new 6,000-square-foot surgery center will contain two operating rooms, two laser rooms and one procedure rooms. It will also feature a pre- and post-operation center with seven beds.
Physicians will be able to perform a variety of ophthalmic surgeries at the new EC Laser and Surgery Institute, including surgeries on the eyelid and the retina. They currently perform those procedures at Wausau Surgery Center.
Related Articles on Transactions & Valuation:
Novant Health Continues Fight Against Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center's Planned ASC
Florida's New Port Richey Surgery Center to Expand, Move to Trinity
SurgCenter Founder Sean O'Neal to Open Chiropractic Franchise
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
3 ASCs opened or announced in JanuaryRead Now
- ASC accreditation leader to know: Dr. David Watts of AAAASF
- Johnson & Johnson seeks $7.2B in damages from Boston Scientific, AbbVie's HCV prescriptions up 55% & more –5 GI/endoscopy company key notes
- Venture capitalists still excited about healthcare: 5 key notes on startups
- 7 of the top gainers in healthcare stocks
- Improving your leadership skills: 9 tips