Eye Clinic of Wisconsin's New Surgery Center to Open in January 2013
The clinic serves more than 70,000 patients at its current First Street location and has satellite offices in Merrill, Rhinelander, Antigo, Medford and Stevens Point. The clinic built a new 55,000-square-foot, three-story facility in 2008, after adding no new buildings for 50 years.
The new 6,000-square-foot surgery center will contain two operating rooms, two laser rooms and one procedure rooms. It will also feature a pre- and post-operation center with seven beds.
Physicians will be able to perform a variety of ophthalmic surgeries at the new EC Laser and Surgery Institute, including surgeries on the eyelid and the retina. They currently perform those procedures at Wausau Surgery Center.
Related Articles on Transactions & Valuation:
Novant Health Continues Fight Against Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center's Planned ASC
Florida's New Port Richey Surgery Center to Expand, Move to Trinity
SurgCenter Founder Sean O'Neal to Open Chiropractic Franchise
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- CDC pleads Congress to approve Zika funding quickly — 6 observations
- Will the bronze plan disappear soon? 4 takeaways
- WHO reports nearly 600 healthcare attacks in 19 countries — 6 things to know
- Is the VA lacking resources or funding less critical areas? 6 insights
- Dr. Kenneth Chang performs 1st TIF procedure using new EsophyX Z device: 6 things to know