Novant Health Continues Fight Against Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center's Planned ASC
Novant Health is continuing its quest to prevent Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem, N.C., from building a $38.67 million ambulatory surgery center, which would be located next to the hospital's main campus, according to a Business Journal report.
Novant has asked the N.C. Court of Appeals to rehear arguments in its legal challenge to the surgery center. Novant is arguing the state erred in approving the Wake Forest Baptist project, and that the appellate court misunderstood the legal issue at hand.
Related Articles on Transactions & Valuation:
SurgCenter Founder Sean O'Neal to Open Chiropractic Franchise
70 of the ASCs That Opened in the US in 2012
Proposed 2014 Architectural Guidelines Could Prove Burdensome for ASCs
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Best Tips for Launching an Infection Risk Improvement Plan
- How to Manage and Leverage Vendor Relationships
- 3 Steps to Control Labor Costs
- 10 Steps to Immediately Improve Surgery Center Profits: Cost Reduction & Benchmarking
- Former CMS Head Dr. Don Berwick Officially Running for Massachusetts Governor