Siemens to Acquire Integrated Ultrasound Imaging Systems Manufacturer
Siemens Healthcare has announced it will acquire Penrith Corp., a manufacturer of integrated ultrasound imaging systems, according to a news release.
The acquisition is expected to close in September 2012.
"This acquisition uniquely positions Siemens to bring new, meaningful solutions to the ultrasound market and to expand our presence in attractive business segments," said Jeffrey Bundy, CEO, Siemens Healthcare ultrasound business unit, in the release. "Through this acquisition, Siemens is executing its strategic focus, announced via Agenda 2013, on strengthening the healthcare sector's innovative power and competitiveness. We welcome the addition of Penrith's highly experienced ultrasound employees to the Siemens Healthcare family."
Agenda 2013, which was launched by Siemens last year, is a two-year initiative to further strengthen the Siemens healthcare sector's "innovative power and competitiveness," according to the company.
Siemens Healthcare has its U.S. headquarters in Malvern, Pa. Penrith Corp. is headquartered in Plymouth Meeting, Pa.,
Related Articles on Company Acquisitions:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 7 Guidelines for Preparing a News Release About Surgery Center Accreditation
- Hiring Physicians: 6 Questions Providing Insight Into Candidates
- Physicians: Timeline for 2014 Deadlines to Remember
- Spotlight on MMX Healthcare: Developing Reliable, Affordable Tools for ASC Data Tracking & Management
- Hand Hygiene Story Roundup