Florida Department of Health IDs Surgery Centers That Received Contaminated Pain Meds
ABC 7 report.
The tainted medication has been linked to a nationwide meningitis outbreak. The facilities involved are: Florida Pain Clinic, Ocala; Interventional Rehab Center, Pensacola; Marion Pain Management Center, Ocala; North County Surgicenter, Palm Beach; Orlando Center for Outpatient Surgery, Orlando; Pain Consultants of West Florida, Pensacola; Surgery Center of Ocala and Surgical Park Center, Miami.
An administrator for one ASC in Ocala identified 20 patients who received potentially contaminated injections of steroid shots. No patients have showed symptoms of meningitis so far.
Related Articles on Supply Chain:
Convatec Completes Acquisition of Intermittent Catheter Provider 180 Medical
Lemaitre Vascular to Acquire Rights to Neovasc's Xenosure
Echometrix Receives FDA Clearance for Echosoft Ultrasound Technology
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- How Physician Thinking Changes After Working in ACOs
- 2014 Financial Impact Analysis Doesn't Stop With CMS' Final Rule: Don't Neglect CMS NCCI Edits
- 4 Drivers of Recent M&A Activity in Healthcare
- 8 Reasons to Outsource Medical Billing Services
- 5 ICD-10 Transition Considerations Medical Practices Have Likely Not Thought About