Echometrix Receives FDA Clearance for EchoSoft Ultrasound Technology
Echometrix has announced it has received FDA clearance for its EchoSoft ultrasound technology, according to a news release.
EchoSoft, the company's first commercial offering, is described by the company as a software package used with diagnostic ultrasound to assist with the diagnosis and monitoring of musculoskeletal conditions. It is designed for compatibility with ultrasound equipment produced by all major manufacturers.
"We are very pleased to have reached this critical milestone in our company's history," said Echometrix CEO Sam Adams, in the release. "FDA's clearance of EchoSoft will help patients and clinicians better understand musculoskeletal conditions at both initial diagnosis and during rehabilitation. By enabling wider use of ultrasound for musculoskeletal evaluation with our EchoSoft product, we can lower medical imaging costs by helping to reduce dependence on MRI. By achieving this milestone, we have created significant value, not only for clinicians and patients, but for our shareholders, as well."
Echometrix is headquartered in Madison, Wis.
Related Articles on FDA Clearances:Dallen Medical Files for FDA Clearance for Compressyn Staple
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- House Votes to Repeal the PPACA — for 37th Time
- 6 Statistics on Concierge and Direct Pay Physician Practices
- Best Practices: Documentation and Reporting for Post-Operative Pain Management Procedures in Anesthesia
- 5 Things to Know About Medical Office Visits in 2012
- Medical Facilities Corporation Reports Higher Revenue After Arkansas Surgical Hospital Acquisition