Sample Infection Control Competency Quiz and Staff Questions
It is critical that your ASC not only train your staff members about your infection control program, but you must also test them to ensure they understand your policies and procedures, infection control terminology and their responsibilities.
Staff members at Brainerd Lakes Surgery Center in Baxter, Minn., take a competency quiz on infection control, which is kept in each employee's HR record along with a completed OSHA checklist.
To download a sample infection control competency quiz, provided by Sandy Berreth, administrator of the ASC and a AAAHC surveyor, click here (doc).
To download a list of sample infection control questions you can use to quiz your staff on important infection control issues, click here (doc).
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
All in Your Head: Psychological Factors Contributing to Failure of Hand Hygiene InterventionsRead Now
- Mary Beth Briscoe, Michael Dewerff, and Ben Dunford to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- Colonoscopies in Ambulatory Surgery Centers: Saving Lives Through Increased Screening and Advances in Technology
- "Running an Effective In-House Business Office"
- Pain Management Implications in the ASC Setting
- 5 Exciting Presentations at Becker's Spine, Orthopedic & Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference