Sample OSHA Standards Employee Checklist
A good, compliant infection control program carefully documents when staff members of the ASC review and gain an understanding of the many components of the program. One such component is the rules and regulations of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
Brainerd Lakes Surgery Center in Baxter, Minn., uses a checklist outlining OSHA standards to document its employees' acknowledgement that the ASC has reviewed these standards with staff members.
To download a Sample OSHA standards employee checklist, provided by Sandy Berreth, administrator of the ASC and a AAAHC surveyor, click here (doc). A copy of the checklist is also below. Ms. Berreth says the completed and signed checklist is kept in the employee's HR record.
Employee Checklist OSHA Standards
The following items have been reviewed and the employee states an understanding of each:
- _________Hazard communication
- _________Bloodborne pathogens
- _________Sharps safety program
- _________Recordkeeping forms and tests
- _________Safety and health
- _________Emergency preparedness and disaster plan
- _________Electrical and mechanical policy
- _________Tuberculosis exposure control
- _________Workplace violence prevention
I acknowledge the above information has been discussed with me.
Employee Signature Date
Source: Sandy Berreth, Brainerd Lakes Surgery Center. Adapted and reprinted with permission.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Mindray launches product for increased visualization, needle detection in anesthesia: 3 notes
- Embarrassment may be to blame for underdiagnosis of GI conditions: 5 study insights
- Boston Scientific unveils Resolution 360 Clip; Fujifilm launches next generation endoscopy system & more: 3 GI company key notes
- GI leader to know: Dr. Thomas E. Trouillot of Colorado Gastroenterology
- 4 things to know about Kentucky's Graves Gilbert Clinic accreditation