Joint Commission Issues Report on Patient, Worker Safety
The monograph, "Improving Patient and Worker Safety: Opportunities for Synergy, Collaboration and Innovation," states the need for a transformation of the healthcare environment as a whole to improve safety. The monograph includes strategies and steps to create a culture centered on the safety of patients and healthcare workers.
The document also provides case studies of organizations — such as St. Louis-based Ascension Health, Intermountain Healthcare in Salt Lake City and Oakland, Calif.-based Kaiser Permanente — that demonstrate innovative safety practices addressing both patient and worker safety.
More Articles on Patient Safety:Patient Safety Tool: Physician Engagement Self-Diagnostic Worksheet
Six Serious Medical Errors Reported in Indiana ASCs in 2011
4 Tips for Using Enzymatic Detergent in ASC Infection Control
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- CDC pleads Congress to approve Zika funding quickly — 6 observations
- Will the bronze plan disappear soon? 4 takeaways
- WHO reports nearly 600 healthcare attacks in 19 countries — 6 things to know
- Is the VA lacking resources or funding less critical areas? 6 insights
- Dr. Kenneth Chang performs 1st TIF procedure using new EsophyX Z device: 6 things to know