Joint Commission Issues Report on Patient, Worker Safety
announced (pdf) it has published a free monograph on patient and worker safety.
The monograph, "Improving Patient and Worker Safety: Opportunities for Synergy, Collaboration and Innovation," states the need for a transformation of the healthcare environment as a whole to improve safety. The monograph includes strategies and steps to create a culture centered on the safety of patients and healthcare workers.
The document also provides case studies of organizations — such as St. Louis-based Ascension Health, Intermountain Healthcare in Salt Lake City and Oakland, Calif.-based Kaiser Permanente — that demonstrate innovative safety practices addressing both patient and worker safety.
More Articles on Patient Safety:Patient Safety Tool: Physician Engagement Self-Diagnostic Worksheet
Six Serious Medical Errors Reported in Indiana ASCs in 2011
4 Tips for Using Enzymatic Detergent in ASC Infection Control
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
All in Your Head: Psychological Factors Contributing to Failure of Hand Hygiene InterventionsRead Now
- "Joining an ACO, Being Employed by the Hospital, Immediate Benefits and Drawbacks and Long Term Prospects for the Spine Surgeon"
- ASC Payer Trends: Evolving Market Creates Opportunities for ASCs
- 4 Recent GI-Driven Center Openings & Technology Acquisitions
- CASA Welcomes 9 New Surgery Center Members
- Beverly Hills Surgery Center Hosts 1st Single-Site Robotic Hysterectomy in LA