Joint Commission Issues Report on Patient, Worker Safety
announced (pdf) it has published a free monograph on patient and worker safety.
The monograph, "Improving Patient and Worker Safety: Opportunities for Synergy, Collaboration and Innovation," states the need for a transformation of the healthcare environment as a whole to improve safety. The monograph includes strategies and steps to create a culture centered on the safety of patients and healthcare workers.
The document also provides case studies of organizations — such as St. Louis-based Ascension Health, Intermountain Healthcare in Salt Lake City and Oakland, Calif.-based Kaiser Permanente — that demonstrate innovative safety practices addressing both patient and worker safety.
More Articles on Patient Safety:Patient Safety Tool: Physician Engagement Self-Diagnostic Worksheet
Six Serious Medical Errors Reported in Indiana ASCs in 2011
4 Tips for Using Enzymatic Detergent in ASC Infection Control
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's Infection Control & Clinical Quality
Amsino launches ASC-specific IV setsRead Now
- Online Pre-Admission: Using Cloud-Based Technology to Maximize Productivity and Convenience
- ASC infection prevention for soft surface fabrics: Establishing a new standard of care
- 25 highest-paid physician specialties
- OR optimization: How does instrumentation fit in?
- Self-auditing in healthcare business offices: 3 tips