Patient Safety Tool: Physician Engagement Self-Diagnostic WorksheetThe Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality offers a free physician engagement self-diagnostic worksheet through its program "On the CUSP: Stop BSI," which uses the Comprehensive Unit-based Safety Program to prevent central line-associated blood stream infections.
The tool provides a 10-question survey on physician engagement to be completed by members of the quality improvement team, and questions for a discussion on how to improve physician engagement in quality efforts.
Download the physician engagement self-diagnostic worksheet (doc) for use in your own facility.
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
More Articles on Patient Safety:Six Serious Medical Errors Reported in Indiana ASCs in 2011
4 Tips for Using Enzymatic Detergent in ASC Infection Control
Patient Safety Tool: Hospital Safety Culture Check-Up
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the free Becker's Operating Room Clinical Quality & Infection Control E-Weekly, which focuses on clinical quality, infection control, patient safety and accreditation, click here.
- 5 Areas That Trip Up ASCs During Accreditation Evaluations
- CMS Loosens Medicaid Enrollment Process
- Best Practices: Documentation and Reporting for Post-Operative Pain Management Procedures in Anesthesia
- Joint Commission Appoints Mark Pelletier COO, Division of Accreditation, Certification
- Johns Hopkins: Blood Transfusions Overused During Surgery