CMS Releases ASC Quality Reporting Manual
ASC Association release.
Of note, the manual indicates that ASCs that used a safe surgery checklist based on accepted standards of practice at any time during 2012 can answer "yes" when they report whether they used a safe surgery checklist during the year. Previously, CMS had indicated that ASCs would be able to answer "yes" only if they had implemented a safe surgery checklist by Jan. 1, 2012. This change would allow more ASCs to report the use of a checklist in 2012.
The ASC Association continues to work with CMS as implementation of ASC quality reporting continues.
Related Articles on ASC Quality:
APIC Releases Infection Prevention Competency Model
Patient Safety Tool: WHO Collaborating Centre's 9 Patient Safety Solutions
High Risk Outpatient Surgery Patients at Risk for Blood Clots
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- How Physician Thinking Changes After Working in ACOs
- 2014 Financial Impact Analysis Doesn't Stop With CMS' Final Rule: Don't Neglect CMS NCCI Edits
- 4 Drivers of Recent M&A Activity in Healthcare
- 8 Reasons to Outsource Medical Billing Services
- 5 ICD-10 Transition Considerations Medical Practices Have Likely Not Thought About