Patient Safety Tool: WHO Collaborating Centre's 9 Patient Safety Solutions
The WHO Collaborating Centre for Patient Safety Solutions offers nine patient safety solutions designed to prevent patient harm by medication errors, infections and other types of adverse events.
1. Look-Alike, Sound-Alike Medication Names (PDF)
2. Patient Identification (PDF)
3. Communication During Patient Hand-Overs (PDF)
4. Performance of Correct Procedure at Correct Body Site (PDF)
5. Control of Concentrated Electrolyte Solutions (PDF)
6. Assuring Medication Accuracy at Transitions in Care (PDF)
7. Avoiding Catheter and Tubing Misconnections (PDF)
8. Single Use of Injection Devices (PDF)
9. Improved Hand Hygiene to Prevent Healthcare-Associated Infection (PDF)
Note: View our database providing 150 reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Patient Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Business Analytics for Healthcare Organizations: Maximize Information While Minimizing Efforts
- Dr. Brian Cole of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Travels to Kenya on Mission Trip
- Beacon Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine to Break Ground on Expansion
- Advanced Pain Management Joins California Pain Network
- 3 Focus Areas for Developing the Clinical Environment for New Services