The views expressed in articles on this channel do not necessarily reflect the views of AAAHC.
Patient Safety Tool: Safe Site Recommendations for Anesthesia
The Minnesota Hospital Association provides a free, downloadable 'safe site recommendations for anesthesia' document.
The two-page document shows how many wrong procedure events take place during anesthesia procedures and provides recommendations pertaining to injections and anesthesia procedures.
The document also gives an overview of time-out recommendations.
The material in the document can be adapted for use as a checklist or educational sheet on the importance of safe site involving anesthesia.
Download the safe site recommendations for anesthesia for use in your facility.
Note: View our database providing 100-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Anesthesia Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Official report: Joan Rivers dies from 'surgical complications'Read Now
- Preliminary HCA Q3 results, Tenet stock report & more – 5 recent ASC company key notes
- How can anesthesiologists ensure correct recording of anesthesia start time?
- 5 spine, orthopedic devices for ASCs
- How can device programs evolve to meet specific ASC instrumentation needs?
- Sunshine Act database gets an overhaul