Patient Safety Tool: 'Safe Site' Poster From Minnesota Hospital Association
The Minnesota Hospital Association provides a free, downloadable 'safe site' poster.
The poster uses the acronym S.I.T.E. to convey the following critical steps needed to keep your patient safe:
- Sign the site with initials
- Informed consent and verification
- Time out
- Effective communications
The poster also uses stop signs and a stoplight to help convey the safety steps
Download the Minnesota Hospital Association's safe site poster (pdf) for use in your organization.
Note: View our database providing 90-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Surgical Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Joint Commission appoints Lisa Diehl Vandecaveye to general counsel — 5 key notesRead Now
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Harry Sarles Jr. of Digestive Health Associates of Texas
- MEDNAX acquires Manassas Anesthesia Associates: 5 takeaways
- Administrator/Director of Nursing
- Tenet Healthcare named value stock to watch: 5 things to know
- Opportunities during times of change: Key strategies for orthopedic centers