The views expressed in articles on this channel do not necessarily reflect the views of AAAHC.
Patient Safety Tool: 'Safe Site' Poster From Minnesota Hospital Association
The Minnesota Hospital Association provides a free, downloadable 'safe site' poster.
The poster uses the acronym S.I.T.E. to convey the following critical steps needed to keep your patient safe:
- Sign the site with initials
- Informed consent and verification
- Time out
- Effective communications
The poster also uses stop signs and a stoplight to help convey the safety steps
Download the Minnesota Hospital Association's safe site poster (pdf) for use in your organization.
Note: View our database providing 90-plus reports that link to free, downloadable and adaptable tools for use in surgery centers, hospitals and other organizations by clicking here.
Related Articles on Surgical Safety:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
7 Recent Patient Safety Findings & ResourcesRead Now
- 20 Statistics on ASC vs. HOPD Medicare Patient Characteristics
- Transaction Tip of the Day: When is the Right Time to Sell?
- Drs. Harjit Bhogal, Arushi deFonseka Join Capital Digestive Care
- Birmingham Gastroenterology Associates Partner With Baptist Health System
- University of Louisville Names Dr. Craig McClain Associate VP of Health Affairs