ASCs can avoid losing money on refurbished equipment by asking important questions before buying it, according to DRE Medical Equipment executive Kary VanArsdale Tanner, EdD.
Five important questions to ask vendors:
1. Can you name three U.S. physicians or hospitals who buy from you?
2. May I see photos of the actual equipment being quoted, as well as the biomedical laboratory and warehouse?
3. What type of warranty do you offer?
4. What accessories are included in the price?
5. Is your company registered with the FDA or the International Organization for Standardization?
Click here for more tips from Dr. Tanner.