Robert LaPrade, MD, PhD, will demonstrate an anatomic ACL reconstruction Oct. 20 via a Facebook Live video, according to Vail Daily.
Here are six things to know:
1. Dr. LaPrade told Vail Daily Facebook Live allows more people spanning the globe to learn about the procedure.
2. He will perform the ACL reconstruction on a cadaver knee.
3. Serving as CMO of the sports medicine fellowship program at Vail, Colo.-based Steadman-Philippon Research Institute, the institute has used the Facebook Live series to reach 10,000-plus participants per viewing, Dr. LaPrade notes.
4. The Steadman-Philippon Institute has thus far completed three Facebook Live cadaver surgeries.
5. Dr. LaPrade is a board of directors' member of Vail (Colo.) Valley Surgery Center.
6. He is chairman of the International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine's sports medicine committee.