Partial knee arthroplasty procedures are among the many services shifting from hospital settings to freestanding ASCs, according to an Advisory Board report.
Five insights on partial knee arthroplasty procedure reimbursement and outmigration:
1. Inpatient reimbursement: $13,850
2. Hospital outpatient department reimbursement: $10,617
3. ASC reimbursement: $7,374
4. Decline in reimbursement from HOPD to ASC setting: $3,243
5. Amount health systems would need to increase ASC volumes to make up for PKA outmigration: 28 percent