Chicago-based Illinois Bone & Joint Institute, the largest independent physician-owned orthopedic practice in the U.S., appointed William Robb III, MD, orthopedic director and chief medical officer.
Here are five things to know:
1. In his new role, Dr. Robb will participate in strategic planning, maintaining and improving clinical quality and safety as well as the advance development of subspecialty excellence in service-line programs. He will also oversee quality improvement program implementation and serve as lead orthopedic liaison within the provider and payer markets.
2. Dr. Robb previously held leadership positions at the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and Illinois Orthopaedic Society.
3. Prior to entering his current role, Dr. Robb spent seven years as the chairman of the Evanston, Ill.-based NorthShore University Health System's department of orthopedic surgery from 2005 to 2012.
4. Illinois Bone and Joint Institute includes 100-plus board-certified and fellowship-trained physicians and surgeons who treat musculoskeletal conditions for both children and adults. The practice includes locations throughout the Chicagoland area, OrthoAccess walk-in clinics and same-day immediate care facilities.
5. Dr. Robb's clinical practice focuses on adult knee disorders.