Seattle-based First Hill Surgery Center began performing total hip, knee and shoulder joint replacement surgeries.
Here's what you should know:
1. The surgery center accommodates surgeons from The Polyclinic and from Swedish Medical Center, both based in Seattle.
2. The center can perform the operations in a minimally invasive fashion, reducing recovery time and allowing a patient to be discharged on the same day.
3. Surgery Center Executive Director Michael McClain said in a release the center was designed for procedures like this. He said, "We have the space, the latest surgical technology and an outstanding medical team to get patients back on their feet without an unnecessary hospital stay."
4. The surgery center offers patients, physical therapist support after their surgery and to support them with their recovery.
5. First Hill Surgery Center is a joint venture between The Polyclinic and Swedish. The 36,000-square-foot center has 12 operating rooms and 32 postoperative rooms.