Buffalo, N.Y.-based UBMD Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine orthopedic surgeon Brian McGrath, MD, performed the first hip replacement at Orchard Park, N.Y.-based Southtowns Surgery Center.
Here's what you should know:
1. UBMD's Geoffrey Bernas, MD, and Jeremy Doak, MD, will also perform hip arthroscopy at Southtowns Surgery Center.
2. UBMD physicians will begin performing other joint replacements as well as spine surgery at the center within six months.
3. Sports medicine surgeons already perform minimally invasive arthroscopic surgery at the center.
4. Dr. McGrath said in a release, "The Southtowns Surgery Center is great for our surgeons and patients because everything we need is under one roof. From in-office visits, imaging, surgery, and physical therapy — we have it all here."
5. Southtowns Surgery Center is a Buffalo, N.Y.-based Kaleida Health affiliate.