Physicians at Harborside Surgery Center performed 300-plus total joint replacements in 2018.
1. The center, which is a partner of Towson, Md.-based SurgCenter Development, reported zero readmissions, hospital transfers or infections last year. Every patient went home the same day.
2. The National Harbor, Md.-based ASC has been offering outpatient hip and knee surgery since it opened in 2012.
3. The center's orthopedic surgeons specialize in procedures including joint replacements, ENT, general surgery and neurosurgery.
4. Orthopedic surgeon Kevin Fricka, MD, is one of the center's physician partners specializing in outpatient hip and knee replacement.
5. Orthopedic surgeon Andrew B. Wolff, MD, specializes in hip arthroscopy and athletic hip injuries. He began practicing at the ASC when it opened and has since performed a majority of his cases there.
More articles on orthopedics/TJR:
Top, bottom 5 states for orthopedic surgeon pay
Mississippi outpatient center is 1st to use ROSA robotic device — 3 insights
Surgeon at ASC performs Florida county's first outpatient hip replacements