Wilmington, N.C.-based EmergeOrtho celebrated the groundbreaking of a new medical office building with an ASC in Leland, N.C., July 26.
Here's what you should know:
1. The ASC will be Brunswick County's first.
2. The 55,578-square-foot medical office building will offer a range of orthopedic services, including surgery and diagnostic imaging with advanced MRI.
3. The building will feature one operating room and two procedure rooms on the first floor. The second floor will include all orthopedics examination and treatment rooms, and the third floor will offer pain management and physical therapy services.
4. Orthopedics examination rooms, treatment rooms and physical therapy services are being relocated from the current Brunswick Forest location in Leland. Pain management services will be relocated from the Waterford office in Leland.
The relocation of services will happen in phases, according to EmergeOrtho CEO Stephen DeBiasi.
5. Expected to open in 2019, the new facility will serve patients in Brunswick, New Hanover and Columbus counties.