Atlantic City, N.J.-based AtlantiCare plans to open its fourth outpatient surgery center in spring 2020.
Five things to know:
1. The AtlantiCare Center for Orthopaedic Surgery will open in Egg Harbor, N.J. The 24,000-square-foot facility will have the capacity to accommodate thousands of procedures a year.
2. It will offer orthopedic sports medicine, foot and ankle, hand, joint replacement, spine, and pain management services.
3. AtlantiCare will continue providing same-day procedures at its surgery centers in Egg Harbor, Cape May Court House, N.J., and Little Egg Harbor, N.J., as well as on its hospital campuses.
4. The practice's first outpatient surgery center opened 22 years ago in Egg Harbor. The ASC's staff performed 657 surgeries in the first year of operation.
5. Today, AtlantiCare surgeons perform over 20,000 outpatient surgeries annually.