Baltimore-based The Johns Hopkins Hospital recently completed its first Medigus Ultrasonic Surgical Endostapler procedure.
Here are five key points:
1. Mouen Khashab, MD, associate professor of medicine and director of therapeutic endoscopy at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, performed the procedure.
2. The MUSE system is used in an incisionless procedure for the long-term treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease.
3. The incisionless procedure, made possible by the MUSE system, allows for shorter hospital stays and reduced post-procedure medications.
4. The system is fully integrated with leading microvisual, ultrasonic and stapling technology.
5. Medigus a medical device company focused on developing minimally invasive endosurgical tools and direct visualization technology.