Takeda reported net revenues of $1.77 trillion yen ($16.15 billion) for fiscal year 2017.
Here's what you should know:
1. Takeda increased revenues 5.5 percent year over year.
2. Takeda's gastroenterology, oncology, neuroscience and emerging market divisions posted a 12.8 percent increase in underlying revenue growth.
3. Takeda's U.S.-based revenue increased 13.5 percent year over year.
4. Takeda's CEO Christophe Weber said in a release, "Takeda's transformation is delivering superior results as we execute against our key mid-term priorities of growing the portfolio, strengthening the pipeline and boosting profitability. In FY2017, our growth drivers maintained their strong momentum, which together with disciplined cost management under the Global Opex Initiative resulted in industry-leading revenue and earnings growth. We also made significant progress in R&D, with 17 new molecular entity clinical trial stage-ups and 56 new collaborations to strengthen our innovation network."
5. Concerning end-of-year fiscal year 2018 outlooks, Takeda expects revenues of $1.74 trillion yen (15.87 million).