Sonora Quest Laboratories made its blood-based colorectal cancer test BeScreened-CRC available to the public, AZ Central reports.
What you should know:
1. The test has a 94 percent accuracy rate.
2. Sonora offers the test for $170. It's not covered by Medicaid and is only covered by some private payers.
3. The test is not yet FDA-approved.
4. Still the test is an option for patients that are either unwilling or unable to undergo colonoscopy or fecal-based testing.
5. Like with most second-line testing options, Sonora recommends patients undergo a colonoscopy if the test is positive.