SonarMD, LLC, has released its SonarMD platform, a population health management tool for inflammatory bowel disease. Here are five things to know about the company and its cloud-based algorithmic process.
1. The SonarMD platform is a cloud-based algorithmic process designed to engage, monitor and manage patients with chronic gastrointestinal disease.
2. The platform, based on evidence-based guidelines, creates a patient reported outcomes score after each survey submissions. These scores alert physicians to any potential downward trends and supports early intervention.
3. The platform is the brainchild of gastroenterologists Lawrence Kosinski, MD, MBA, AGAF, FACG, managing partner of Illinois Gastroenterology Group in Elgin. "The release of the SonarMD Platform is a true game-changer, and we are thrilled to be launching it in partnership with one of the most respected Gastroenterology groups in the nation," said Tracey Powell, SonarMD CEO.
4. The first version of the platform was deployed for Crohn's disease patients at Illinois Gastroenterology Group.
5. After full implementation at Illinois Gastroenterology Group, the SonarMD platform will roll out nationally. It will initially be offered to practices focused on IBD, but it has the potential to expand to serve other chronic disease patient populations.