Boston-based NinePoint Medical has completed the primary phase of its registry for high resolution optical imaging of the esophagus using the NvisionVLE Imaging System.
Here are five highlights:
1. The NvisionVLE Imaging System employs proprietary OCT technology that allows physicians to perform a volumetric laser endomicroscopy procedure that produces real-time, high-resolution cross-sectional images.
2. NinePoint has completed its initial enrollment of 1,000 patients at 18 U.S. hospitals. A second phase of the registry will examine longitudinal follow-up imaging of these patients.
3. Michael S. Smith, MD, medical director of the esophageal program and association professor of medicine in the gastroenterology section of the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University in Philadelphia, is leading the prospective, multi-site registry.
4. NinePoint will present the registry's interim analysis' results in 11 scientific abstracts at Digestive Disease Week from May 21 to May 24 in San Diego.
5. NinePoint Medical is a medical device company that designs, manufactures and sells an OCT imaging platform for clinical use in gastroenterology, pulmonology, urology, gynecology and ENT, for the evaluation of human tissue microstructure.