Timothy Moran will join Motus GI as CEO, effective Oct. 1.
Here's what you should know:
1. Motus GI's current CEO, Mark Pomeranz, will step down from the position and become Motus GI's president and COO. Mr. Pomeranz has been with Motus since 2014.
2. Mr. Moran is currently ConvaTec Group's president of the Americas. He specializes in medical device commercialization.
3. Mr. Pomeranz said, "I am thrilled to welcome Tim, an industry leader with significant experience in the commercialization of medical devices for hospitals, to the Motus GI team. … Recognizing the scope of our market opportunity, it was clear to me that bringing in a leader with the right commercial scale-up expertise would have a positive impact on Motus GI's ability to maximize our potential."
4. Mr. Pomeranz will remain on the company's board of directors.
5. Ignite Partners assisted Motus with its leadership search.