Gastroenterologist Andrew Chan, MB ChB, MRCP (UK), FRCP(C), was found dead in his home Monday, according to a report by The Peterborough Examiner.
Here are five things to know:
1. Dr. Chan was found stabbed to death, along with another woman, who is in critical condition. He was 50 years old.
2. Dr. Chan's 19-year-old son was arrested at the scene of the crime. Police have not yet said what he will be charged with.
3. Dr. Chan ran the Endoscopy Centre in Peterborough, Ontario in Canada. He was also the chairman of the endoscopy unit at Peterborough Regional Health Centre in Ontario.
4. He enrolled in the gastroenterology program at Queens University in Ontario, Canada, and completed his fellowship in 1996.
5. Dr. Chan's colleagues are deeply shocked and saddened by the news, according to the report.