The Green Bay Packers and Exact Sciences are partnering to promote colorectal cancer awareness throughout the 2017 NFL season.
Here's what you should know:
1. Legendary Green Bay Packers' coach Vince Lombardi died of colon cancer when he turned 57 years old.
2. Through the partnership, fans will be able to win tickets and additional prizes by learning more about colon cancer.
3. Exact Sciences will have a booth at the game on Oct. 22 to raise awareness and collect donations for the Vince Lombardi Cancer Foundation.
4. Former Green Bay Packer Jerry Kramer will discuss Mr. Lombardi and his colon cancer diagnosis and why he actively promotes cancer awareness through a variety of different mediums during the season.
5. Green Bay Packers Director of Sales and Business Development Chad Watson said in a release, "The Packers-Cologuard Colon Cancer Awareness Campaign encourages adults to take a proactive role in their health so their careers as Packers fans do not get cut short."
6. An Exact Sciences spokesperson said in a release, "Colon cancer claimed the life of legendary Packers coach Vince Lombardi nearly 50 years ago and remains the number two cancer killer in the United States. Our organizations share a commitment to helping more people get screened for colon cancer because we know that it is highly treatable if detected early. Through this season-long awareness campaign we’re working to help Packers fans learn about their screening options, including noninvasive Cologuard."