EndoGastric Solutions presented three-year follow-up data from TEMPO, a prospective, randomized, multicenter clinical study.
Here are five notes:
1. The study examines the safety and efficacy of the company's Transoral Incisionless Fundoplication procedure with the EsophyX device in controlling chronic gastroesophageal reflux disease.
2. Sixty-three patients who suffered from chronic GERD symptoms were randomized to either undergo the TIF procedure using the EsophyX device or take proton pump inhibitor therapy.
3. All patients in PPI control group crossed over and received TIF procedures six months after the start of the study.
4. At up to 36 months follow-up, 91 percent of patients reported elimination of troublesome regurgitation, 70 percent were able to completely stop PPI therapy and reflux esophagitis healed in 87 percent of patients.
5. The study was presented at the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons 2016 Annual meeting, from March 16 to 19, in Boston.