The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America honored Paul Lebovitz, MD, a gastroenterologist with Allegheny Health Network, according to a Benzinga report.
Dr. Lebovitz is the vice chair of the department of medicine for Allegheny Health Network. Here are five things to know:
1. The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation honored Dr. Lebovitz with the Rosenthal Award for Patient Support and Care. He received the award at the foundation's annual dinner earlier this month.
2. The Rosenthal Award honors physician volunteers who demonstrate leadership and contribute to the quality of life of patients and families. Dr. Lebovitz has worked with the foundation's local chapter for more than 17 years and served on the board of directors.
3. Dr. Lebovitz regularly speaks at the CCFA as well as other professional events and recruits volunteers and sponsors for the western Pennsylvania/West Virginia Chapter.
4. In addition to his clinical practice, Dr. Lebovitz is an associate professor at Drexel University College of Medicine. His expertise is in celiac disease, Crohn's disease, digestive conditions, gastroenterology and irritable bowel syndrome.
5. Dr. Lebovitz earned his medical degree at Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University and completed his fellowship at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.