Two gastroenterologists – Nick Frederickson, MD, and John R. Douglas Peterson, MD – have joined Mercy Clinic Gastroenterology in Washington, Mo., according to the Emissourian.
Here are five things to know about the new physicians:
1. Dr. Frederickson earned his medical degree at Saint Louis University School of Medicine in St. Louis. He went on to complete his residency at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City, Iowa, before returning to Saint Louis University School of Medicine for his fellowship in gastroenterology and hepatology.
2. Dr. Frederickson has a particular interest in the procedural aspects of gastrointestinal care.
3. Dr. Peterson earned his medical degree at Tulane University's School of Medicine in New Orleans. He went on to complete his residency at San Antonio Military Medical Center in San Antonio and his residency in gastroenterology and hepatology at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston, S.C.
4. Dr. Peterson is a US Air Force retired major. He helped establish a medical clinic when he was deployed in Gonaives, Haiti, during 2010.
5. Both physicians have an interest in treating hepatitis C.