New Britain-based The Hospital of Central Connecticut is attempting to purchase a $2.3 million stake in Central Connecticut Endoscopy Center in Plainville, Hartford Business reports.
Here's what you should know.
1. HOCC is attempting to purchase 44.5 percent of the endoscopy center. That would increase the hospital's total ownership to 51 percent.
2. CCEC opened in 2005 and performs 8,000 procedures annually.
3. HOCC is attempting to purchase the endoscopy center to shift some of its caseload there.
4. Eight physicians own 87 percent of the center, HOCC owns 6.5 percent and Bristol (Conn.) Hospital owns the remaining 6.5 percent.
5. If the acquisition is approved, no services will change. However, more Medicaid patients will have access to the center.