The American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy named Kenneth R. McQuaid, MD, president.
Here are four notes:
1. Dr. McQuaid is chief of medical service and chief of gastroenterology at the San Francisco VA Medical Center. He is also vice-chairman of the department of medicine and a professor at University of California San Francisco School of Medicine.
2. He has served as an associate editor of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and the ASGE's chairperson of the Postgraduate Education Committee.
3. He completed his gastroenterology fellowship at UCSF.
4. Other members of the ASGE 2016-2017 governing board include:
• President-Elect: Karen L. Woods, MD, of Houston Methodist Hospital
• Secretary: John J. Vargo II, MD, MPH, of Cleveland Clinic
• Treasurer: Steven A. Edmundowicz, MD, of University of Colorado School of Medicine in Aurora
• Treasurer-Elect: Douglas K. Rex, MD, of Indiana University Medical Center in Indianapolis
• Past President: Douglas O. Faigel, MD, of Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz.
• Past President: Colleen M. Schmitt, MD, of Galen Medical Group in Chattanooga, Tenn.
• Foundation Chair: John L. Petrini, MD, of Sansum Clinic in Santa Barbara, Calif.
• Councilors: Michelle A. Anderson, MD; Subhas Banerjee, MD; Brian C. Jacobson, MD; John Martin, MD; Sarah A. Rodriguez, MD; Prateek Sharma, MD