Carol A. Burke, MD, has been elected president of the American College of Gastroenterology.
Here are five things to know about Dr. Burke:
1. She is the vice chair of the department of gastroenterology and hepatology at the Cleveland Clinic.
2. Her clinical and research interests include prevention of colorectal neoplasia.
3. She is a past president of the Collaborative Group of the Americas on Inherited Colorectal Cancer and a past board member of the Ohio Gastroenterology Society.
4. In the last four years, she has served as the secretary, treasurer and vice president of the American College of Gastroenterology.
5. She earned her medical degree at Ohio State University College of Medicine in Columbus. She went on to complete residency training at Columbus-based Riverside Methodist Hospital and a gastroenterology fellowship at the Cleveland Clinic.