Here are 12 GI-focused ASCs opened or announced in the first half of the year:
1. Fort Collins, Colo.-based Centers for Gastroenterology Physicians broke ground on the Greeley (Colo.) Endoscopy Center Feb. 15.
2. Sioux Falls, S.D.-based Avera Health announced it is developing a surgical hospital with an attached medical office building that could open as soon as October. Both facilities will feature specialty physicians in gastroenterology, orthopedics, sports medicine, rheumatology and internal medicine.
3. Los Angeles-based Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is expanding an established gastroenterology practice in Santa Monica, Calif., by adding other specialties.
4. Theodore A. DeCosta, MD, opened the Gastro Center in West Orange, N.J.
5. Gastroenterology Consultants of Savannah (Ga.) opened a new practice at St. Joseph's/Candler's newly opened Pooler, Ga., campus.
6. Columbus-based Ohio Gastroenterology Group is moving into a 42,000-square-foot medical office building and opening an endoscopy center.
7. Zachary, La.-based Lane Gastroenterology celebrated its ribbon-cutting March 19.
8. Rochester, Minn.-based Mayo Clinic opened a gastroenterology center on the St. Mary's Hospital portion of its campus.
9. Little Rock, Ark.-based Premier Gastroenterology Associates broke ground April 3 on Premier Medical Plaza.
10. Silver Spring, Md.-based Capital Digestive Care is reopening its Glenn Dale, Md., office and staffing it with five gastroenterologists.
11. Naugatuck, Conn.-based Saint Mary's Hospital plans to open a multispecialty office to complement its recently opened urgent care facility. The multispecialty office will offer gastroenterology, cardiology and gynecology services in Naugatuck.
12. Debra Sukin, CEO of Houston Methodist The Woodlands (Texas) hospital, detailed a $240 million expansion plan for a new patient care tower with endoscopy services.