Appalachian Regional Healthcare is moving ahead with an $80,410 acquisition and an ambulatory healthcare facility development after receiving approval from the West Virginia Health Care Authority.
1. The Lexington, Ky.-based organization is acquiring the assets of Appalachian Gastroenterology, a Beckley, W.Va., facility owned by Nazer and Gilbert.
2. The transaction will be financed through cash on hand.
3. Appalachian Regional Healthcare will lease the practice space from Nazer and Gilbert and develop a facility called ARH Gastroenterology there.
4. ARH Gastroenterology will provide GI ambulatory care services, while related surgical procedures will be offered in the hospital setting.
5. Appalachian Regional Healthcare plans to complete a service agreement with Husam M. Nazer, MD, and appoint him medical director of gastroenterology at Beckley ARH Hospital.