1. CDC: Omicron now accounts for 73% of US cases; 1st US death reported Full story
2. Omicron infections no less severe than delta, early study suggests Full story
3. Biden's plan to fight omicron: 5 things to know Full story
4. Here's how a 300-bed hospital was able to revolutionize their digital infrastructure with just a few hours of training.
5. Union files grievance against OSU Wexner alleging travel nurses being prioritized in scheduling Full story
6. 149 top hospitals in 2021, ranked by Leapfrog Full story
7. ORs won't reach their full potential without predictive analytics — learn how the tech saves time & reduces costs.
8. 6 patient experience leaders share their 2022 goals Full story
9. Viewpoint: Omicron demands a nuanced frame of mind — and a clear plan Full story
10. 'Help': Ohio hospitals issue 1-word ad urging people to get vaccinated Full story
11. Your membership strategy needs an upgrade. Here's what providers and payers should know about changing consumer expectations.
12. 40+ organizations sign petition urging permanent COVID-19 OSHA standards Full story
13. Where federal vaccination mandates stand: 11 things to know Full story
14. 10 best cities for physician pay in 2021 Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Prior authorizations are up 81 percent, but smart automation can reduce the costly back and forth. Here's how.
2. Telehealth has yet to reach its full potential. See how 150+ healthcare execs are paving the path forward here.
3. Orthopedic spine procedures are linked to higher risks of opioid dependence. See how to mitigate this risk here.