1. Lawsuits build against Aetna's spine surgery coverage Full story
2. Rothman Orthopaedics Florida to add physicians, locations in 2022 Full story
3. Physicians' biggest threats Full story
4. Amid declining case volumes, ASCs are striving to attract providers and patients. Here's how one physician stands out from competition.
5. Wenzel Spine founder and CEO Chad Neely dead at 47 Full story
6. Insurer argues it shouldn't foot damages for spine surgeon who fled the US Full story
7. The fastest-growing ASC specialty and 3 more stats Full story
8. UVA Health orthopedic supercenter becomes 1 of 4 on East Coast Full story
9. Outstanding claims hold your time and money in limbo. Get ahead on claim rejections and denials — learn how.
10. San Francisco 49ers QB has shoulder surgery Full story
11. Ophthalmologist gets 8 years in prison for surgical billing scheme and COVID-19 fraud Full story
12. Spine surgeon will advise HHS in new role at nonprofit Full story
13. SSIs pose serious costs for patients and hospitals. See how UC Health, Jefferson University Hospitals are preventing spine surgery infections here.
14. Physician who shaped sports concussion protocols resigns amid plagiarism allegations Full story
15. The best career advice 6 spine surgeons received Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Supply chain breakdowns are disrupting your organization. Click here for 11 financial trends affecting providers & what comes next.
2. There's 1 simple thing clinicians can do to resolve harm events quicker. Find out what it is here.
3. Patients are demanding better billing experiences. Learn why hospitals with personalized billing achieve better outcomes.