Minnetonka, Minn.-based UnitedHealth Group's revenues grew in the second quarter of 2018, with Eden Prairie, Minn.-based Optum revenues hitting $24.7 billion.
Here are 12 findings:
1. Second-quarter 2018 revenues grew 9.1 percent year-over-year to reach $24.7 billion.
2. Earnings from operations during the quarter increased 21.5 percent to $1.8 billion.
3. Concerning OptumHealth, Q2 revenues grew 16 percent year-over-year to hit $6.7 billion.
4. The increases were driven by growth in care delivery and behavioral health, digital consumer engagement and health financial services, according to the company's financial report.
5. At the quarter's end, OptumHealth served 92 million people, 6 million more than it did in the second quarter of 2017.
6. UnitedHeath's revenues grew 12.4 percent year-over-year to hit $45.8 billion.
7. The company attributed the growth to an increasing number of people served, a higher revenue membership mix, price increases and the resumption of the health insurance tax.
8. Second quarter 2018 earnings from operations grew 6.6 percent.
9. Cash flows from operations were $4 billion in the quarter, compared to $2.2 billion in the second quarter of 2017.
10. Net earnings were $2.98 per share, a year-over-year growth of 28 percent.
11. The company raised its outlook for 2018 net earnings to a range of $11.80 to $12.05 per share.
12. UnitedHealth Group CEO David Wichmann said, "Today, UnitedHealth Group delivers increasing value to more people, driven by strong execution consistently high quality, deep relationships and our distinctive combination of clinical, technology and information capabilities. As we look ahead, we will drive our growth on the strength of practical innovations that anticipate and respond to increasing consumer expectations and clear social needs."