UnitedHealth Group is attempting to acquire Envision Healthcare's ambulatory services unit, Bloomberg reports.
Here's what you should know.
1. Several people familiar with the matter said UnitedHealth Group submitted a bid to acquire Envision's ambulatory business.
2. Several public equity firms are also interested in buying either the whole company or a portion of the company.
3. Envision shares rocketed 5.9 percent since the rumors came out. As of 3:30 p.m. March 6, shares of Envision were trading at $41.81, valuing the company at approximately $5 billion.
4. Envision's ambulatory services unit accounted for 16 percent of the company's total revenue in 2017.
5. Sources said if UnitedHealth Group acquires Envision's ambulatory unit, the other groups could possibly acquire Envision's remaining assets.
6. This would be UnitedHealth Group's second ambulatory-facing acquisition as the company acquired Surgical Care Affiliates for $2.3 billion in 2017.