Missoula (Mont.) Bone & Joint gained approval to open a larger ASC, according to the Missoula Current.
Here are five things to know:
1. Missoula City Council approved Missoula Bone & Joint to open a new 31,949-square-foot ASC on its campus, which already includes a 43,307-square-foot office building.
2. The new surgery center will provide outpatient spine and total joint replacement cases, and could cost around 50 percent to 60 percent less than hospital-based procedures, according to the report.
3. The new facility will be a two-story building that will also add parking to the area.
4. The Missoula City Council approved the project unanimously, and the council president praised the practice for a "quality project," according to the report.
5. Missoula Bone & Joint includes comprehensive orthopedic services, digital X-ray imaging, MRI, urgent care and physical therapy.