Phoenix-based The CORE Institute partnered with Arizona's largest health system, Banner Health, on a new orthopedic-driven ASC, Banner CORE Union Hills Surgery Center.
Here are five things to know:
1. The two parties struck a new ownership agreement for the former Banner Del E. Webb Surgery Center in Glendale, Ariz. As per the partnership, the new ASC will operate under the name Banner CORE Union Hills Surgery Center.
2. The ASC will offer orthopedic services such as knee replacements, spine, pain management, sports medicine and foot and ankle surgery.
3. Banner Health will hold a majority stake in the ASC, with the deal giving The CORE Institute a minority stake. Physicians both affiliated and unaffiliated with The CORE Institute will provide services at the center.
4. Banner Health employees will staff the center and the ASC will utilize Banner's EMR system.
5. David Jacofsky, MD, chairman and CEO of The CORE Institute, said the following about the partnership: "We're building upon the reputation of Banner Health and The CORE Institute to manage outpatient cases efficiently. We will deploy proven pathways and protocols, create efficiencies in an outpatient setting and provide optimal patient outcomes all while focusing on a specialty patient-centered approach."