Syracuse (N.Y.) Orthopedic Specialists will open its 47,000-square-foot Specialists' One-Day Surgery Center in April, moving its outpatient surgical procedures into the center soon after it opens.
What you should know:
1. The surgery center has eight operating rooms, 16 preoperative beds, 27 recovery beds and eight extended stay rooms.
2. SOS surgeons will provide foot and ankle, hand and wrist, joint replacement, spine and sports medicine procedures.
3. All six fellowship-trained SOS joint replacement surgeons will perform procedures at the center.
4. Brett Greenky, MD, commented on the new center, saying, "The space allows us to offer joint replacement patients the most current technology in a comfortable setting. The joint replacement team began offering one-day procedures within the past year and it is becoming a preferred option for some patients."
5. After opening the new center, SOS will move out of its location in Syracuse-based North Medical Center into space adjacent to the center.