Saratoga Schenectady Gastroenterology Associates, a specialty physician practice, is opening an ambulatory surgery center to accommodate patient demand, according to Albany Business Review.
Here are five key points:
1. The ASC, valued between $10 million and $12 million, will be located next to Saratoga Schenectady Endoscopy Center in Ballston, N.Y.
2. Currently, Saratoga Schenectady Endoscopy Center provides services for patients in Saratoga and Schenectady counties, with the center receiving more than 100 referrals daily.
3. Saratoga Schenectady Gastroenterology Associates will own the ASC.
4. Equipped with 10 surgical rooms, 13 physicians will staff the 35,000-square-foot ASC.
5. New York's Department of Health has approved the center and the Town of Ballston has granted the center contingent approval pending final approvals and details.
More articles on surgery centers:
AmSurg physician services' revenue up 46%, Nobilis Q1 revenue hits $13.4M & more — 6 key notes on ASC companies
Mount Sinai Medical Center to open 3 Florida outpatient centers: 4 key points
6 points on analysts' ratings on Tenet shares