Illinois Health Facilities and Services Review Board approved Chicago-based practices Rush University Medical Center and Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush's plans to build a new building, featuring a surgery center, in Oak Brook, according to Daily Herald.
Here are five things to know:
1. A three-story professional building will house the surgery center as well as physician offices. The building will also feature imaging and laboratory services.
2. Rush University Medical Center and Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush expect to begin construction in the spring.
3. The project is slated to take two years to complete.
4. The new building is projected to cost $65 million.
5. The practices estimate the surgery center will cost $21 million.