Albany, N.Y.-based OrthoNY is planning a new multispecialty ASC, according to the Albany Business Review.
Here are five things to know:
1. OrthoNY is currently seeking approval for a $5.6 million outpatient surgery center that would be located in Clifton Park, N.Y. The facility which would be its second ASC; OrthoNY established Executive Woods Ambulatory Surgery Center in Albany in 2000.
2. The practice includes orthopedic urgent care locations with walk-in clinics for cost-effective evaluations. The urgent care clinics have onsite radiology services and orthopedic specialists available.
3. OrthoNY promoted Julie Shaw from CFO to CEO earlier this month. She oversees the 27-physician group with 10 practice locations.
4. In addition to the orthopedic practices, OrthoNY includes two physical therapy centers and three pain management suites.
5. Practice specialties include spine, shoulder, upper and lower extremities, sports medicine, knee, hip and general orthopedic care.