Optum reported $101.3 billion in revenue for 2018, up by $10.1 billion from $91.2 billion reported in 2017.
Here are five things to know:
1. OptumHealth, which includes OptumCare and Surgical Care Affiliates, reported revenues of $24.1 billion, a 17.4 percent increase year over year. The company attributed its performance to growth in care delivery, behavioral health services, digital consumer engagement and health financial services.
2. In 2018, OptumHealth served 93 million people, a 6 percent increase over 2017.
3. Optum reported an 8.1 operating margin at the end of last year, and full-year earnings from operations grew 22.6 percent to $8.2 billion..
4. OptumInsights reported 11.4 percent revenue growth last year, hitting $9 billion. It's contract backlog of $17 billion grew 13.3 percent in 2018.
5. OptumRx revenue hit $5.8 billion, a 9.1 percent increase year over year.
Andrew Witty, CEO of Optum, mentioned in the quarterly earnings call that he was "thrilled" with the progress of OptumHealth and it's ASCs. "I would expect roll out and extend those networks over the next several years," he said.