New York City-based Mount Sinai Ambulatory Ventures and Ridgefield, Conn.-based Merritt Healthcare applied for a certificate of need to build a $10.2 million, gastroenterology-focused ASC, according to the submitted application.
What you should know:
1. If approved, the New York City-based ASC will have four procedure rooms and multiple recovery areas.
2. Forty-two Mount Sinai Health System gastroenterologists would utilize the center.
3. Physicians expect to perform 8,986 cases in the ASC's first operational year.
4. Mount Sinai plans to own 85 percent of the ASC, and Merritt would own 15 percent.
5. The ASC would have a transfer agreement with New York City-based St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center.